Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Congratulations Mom & Dad on 50 years!!!

This is what going to Maine every year is all about. It sure is loud and crazy for a few weeks, but I would never want it any other way!!!!!
The night was almost over and we had the DJ play Rock around the clock as we all watched the best jitterbug dancers ever!! My mom and dad!
Dad and Melanie look at the anniversary present, a photo book of my parents lives, they loved it!! I can only imagine how bittersweet it must be for them; 7 kids, 26grandchildren and 1 greatgrandchild later...I hope I am blessed enough to find out!


Luke loves music and dancing more than I have ever seen with my other kids...its so fun to watch!
From the first shocked look on my parents faces as they walked in to the last dance, the 5oth anniversary party was my favorite night in Maine. It was perfect. We had Italian food, great music and over 100 friends & family that showed their support. My brother Willie was "there" thanks to a web cam video link. Most people were seeing him for the first time since the attack. He was so happy to still be a part of the big night. My brothers & sisters were all able to "let there hair down" and be silly and act like teenagers. That was a rare treat. The kids especially loved watching the adults act so crazy. Thank you Mom & Dad for EVERYTHING:)

No comments: